I was surprised to hear that the Hall of fame basket ball coach Pat Summit was diagnosed with early onset dementia. I hope we can find a cure for this but until then there are some things that we can do to keep our brains healthy.
1. Eat healthy, fresh, whole, organic foods. You know, antioxidants, veggies, fruits, nuts, water, and organic produce.
2. Be socially connected to real people. Fellowship with people. Have a party and listen to great music.
3. Engage in mentally stimulating activity, classes, games, etc. Read books, learn a new language, a new mental exercise game or puzzle, a new musical instrument, or any activity that is new to you and requires some mental stimulation.
4.Laughter is good for your brain. Hang around people that make you laugh. Smiling has been scientifically proven to improve mood and health.
5. Exercise regularly. Do rigorous but safe exercise. Your brain cells literally respond to exercise.
6.Get quality sleep.Sleep Sleep Sleep.
7. Manage Stress. If you have a lot of stress in your life, manage it. See someone. Don’t go years and years with built up and unmanaged stress.
8. Have a reason to live. Have a purpose. A task or goal or purpose that literally is your reason for getting up in the morning.
Music is so important to me. I think it is because it takes you to another place or ushers you into a deep place inside yourself. It can make you dance but it can make you cry. Today I would like to use music as a source of gratitude. I want to say thank you to all my friends, family, readers, and everyone who have touched my life. I just want to sit back and appreciate where I am right now and thank God for everything in my life at this moment. I still look up at the moon and thank God for science. Life is here and it is beautiful. Not perfect but I am thankful for it. My hope is that I can live in a spirit of gratitude. Those low points in my life are not easy. However, I believe that my attitude can shape my future and my present. Admittedly, sometimes I need help from wonderful people like you. I am so inspired by the art, blogs, photography, and articles that I discover. I love to learn. I am thankful for simple things, the complex things, the pretty, and the ugly. Thank you everyone who has expressed interest for free music and more information about my music. It is truly a gift. I do not take my talent lightly. I am grateful for it. Please take the time and tell me which song(s) you like best.
I was disgusted with myself today. I had a horrible eating moment. Nonstop bingeing is never good. But it’s done, Angela. Get over it and move on. Wallowing in failure or weakness is a total waste of time. That not only applies to dieting, but it also applies to your career, your aspirations, and your dreams. Self-pity is not a road to success. You can’t go back into the past. Stop crying over spilled milk. Get up and live. Fight for a better future. So Here I go. I’m on my way out for a run. The future is bright.
Please like my facebook page.